Sunday, November 15, 2009

FAT TIRE FESTIVAL















Fat Tire mountain biking festival in Kernville, CA last month was an epic ride adventure for me. Three days in the beautiful Angeles National forest with temp's in the high 80's. THAT was a bonus. The air was clear and clean and crisp in the early mornings, then warming up to fantastic riding weather!

Friday the boys rode up and down Cannell Plunge, while I opted for a solo hike and ride around down, saving my energy for SAt ride up through Portugese Pass and Sunday ride thru Alta Sierra single track heaven.

It was all I'd dreamed of and more. The conditions were perfect from a bit of rain earlier in the week. Tacky, tight, and packed down dirt. Sunday through the forest single track was like a dream ride for me. I'd seen videos of such rides and hoped, maybe some day I'd find myself floating along one of those "E" ticket rides. And there I was.I wish I'd filmed it. Well, I did in my mind! I replay the video when I close my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment